Sunday, January 28, 2007

Warmth In Winter 07

Hey guys, this is my first post on this thing. I just spent the weekend in downtown Nashville at the United Methodist Youth Conference Retreat, Warmth In Winter. This has been a super fun weekend and me and all my friends had a blast. The speaker this year, Drew Dyson of New Jersey, was incredible. He talked about how we as Christians and as a church had always been building fences to keep people out. He made it clear that forever we havn't always accepted everyone and shown Gods love and not done everything we should as Christians. This really was a great message for me and I loved it. He also taught me that no matter how terrible and bad something in your life could be, God loves you. Even though I'd heard it before, this weekend was when I actually agreed Completely. Aside from that, The Knapsack Heroes played a show at WIW on Saturday and did an amazing job. Their set was really good and the sound was great. I'm glad I went and I can't wait till next year it'll be a blast. But now that I'm home I am doing some homework and then I don't know what I'll be doing for a bit. I was planning on going to see Annie but I'm to warn out from the weekend but I'm planning on going to church later tonight and to coffee house stuff. It shall be fun.

3 comments:

Johnathan "J2" said...

So you decided to start a blog if you stick with it you will really like it. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself this weekend!

Kamen said...

Yeah, it's pretty fun actually, but this was my favorite warmth so far.

gavin richardson said...

haha! welcome to the spiritual practice of blog-dom